Head stand pose is also known as Sirshaasana.
How to do head stand pose or Sirshaasana –
- Sit in a kneeling position.
- Now place the forearms on the floor in the front while keeping the elbows on the floor about shoulder distance. Your palm should be facing to the floor and your fingers should be interlock of both the hands.
- Now keep the head on the floor with the back of the head pressed against the inside of the interlocked fingers.
- Now raise your hips and knees and your toes should touch the floor.
- Now lift your both legs from the floor and bring your both the feet up at the same time. Your legs should be straight. If you are a beginner or feeling uncomfortable you can use wall for support.
- Stay in the posture until you feel comfortable.
- Now bring your legs down and your toes should touch the ground.
- Now lie on the floor and relax.
Benefits of head stand pose or Sirshaasana-
- Head stand pose or Sirshaasana is good for hair loss.
- Head stand pose or Sirshaasana helps in neck.
- Head stand pose or Sirshaasana helps in spine.
- Head stand pose or Sirshaasana is good for brain.
- Head stand pose or Sirshaasana helps in releasing stress and tension.